The DMS Band Private Lesson Program is a vital part of the students’ music education. The one-on-one learning environment is the optimum educational setting. ALL students are encouraged to take advantage of this enrichment opportunity. Honor Band & School Owned Instrument students are expected to study privately.
Our Viking Band Booster Club is also committed to assisting students with scholarships for private lessons. With scholarship assistance in the form of half scholarships ($10 per lesson), private lessons have never been more affordable. There are a LIMITED number of scholarships available.
In order to qualify for scholarship assistance, students and parents must fill out an application form and submit it. Scholarship awards will be based on a valid financial need and the following criteria:
- Attendance to sectionals/events
- Receive an “S” (satisfactory) or higher for band citizenship
- Practice report grades/Objective pass offs
- Academic Eligibility/Band Grades
- Availability of funds
(1) Application per interested student in need must be submitted no later than September 1st.