- Monday, August 27, 2018 – Sectionals Begin for Concert Band, Symphonic Band and Honor Band. Check schedule in the Charms calendar. Beginner band students do not have sectionals.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 – Private Lessons Begin. Sign up today if you haven’t already! Here’s more information and the link to sign up.
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, September 3, 2018 Have a great holiday!
- Thursday, September 6, DMS Open House 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. Band Tshirt/Blue Jeans.
- Monday, September 10, 2018, during class at the DMS Band Hall: fittings for uniforms. Must have purchased a uniform in Charms.
Parents of sixth graders and other incoming band students – have you taken care of the following items? If not, please sign in to Charms (instructions below) and take care of these today!
- Turn in Medical Form
- Turn in Handbook Acknowledgement Form
- Purchase Binder and T-shirt in Charms
- Update your contact info
Also be sure to sign up for private lessons!
Each student in the Dulles MS Viking Band has an account in Charms, our band management program. We use Charms for communication, calendars, finances, recording assignments, handouts, etc. Here’s how to get in!
It’s a bit tricky to get to the Parent/Student login page. You can bookmark this link, or use the handy link in the right column QUICK LINKS here.
(To get here, from the Charms homepage, you must hover over (don’t click on!) the LOGIN button and click on the Parents/Students/Members link that pops up below it.)
Enter “dullesmsband” into the login window:
Then, enter your student’s six-digit ID number as the password (skip the zero.) And you’re in!
The first meeting of the year for Dulles Middle School Viking Band Boosters is Tuesday, August 21. We’ll meet at 5PM at the band hall and go over plans for an exciting year of band!
If you can’t make it but want to find out more about volunteering, send a quick note to our awesome Volunteer Co-Coordinators: Julie Conroy and Ellen Burton: