Private lessons occur once per week at a pre-scheduled time, lasting 30 minutes, and cost $23 per session. Students meet with their lesson instructors at the band hall, and payment is made directly to your lesson instructor.
Private Lessons are a vital part of a students’ music education. The one-on-one learning environment is the optimum educational setting. ALL students are encouraged to take advantage of this enrichment opportunity.
- beginning students get one-on-one attention essential to becoming familiar with a new instrument
- progressing students learn new techniques and hone their skills
- advanced students get individual refinement and direction to be their best
2019-2020 Private Lesson Instructors
- Katherine Velasquez (Flute) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spencer Grasl (Oboe) – email@example.com
- Natalia Nicolini (Bassoon) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Nakagawa (Clarinet) – email@example.com
- Adam Boswell (Clarinet/Sax) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua Chan (Saxophone) – email@example.com
- George Lord (Trumpet) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rochelle Sloan (Trumpet) – email@example.com
- Christina Ackerman (Horn) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reginald Berry (Trombone) – email@example.com
- Stephen Rougeau (Low Brass) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harley Stahl (Percussion) – email@example.com
Private Lesson Scholarships
Our Viking Band Booster Club is also committed to assisting students with scholarships for private lessons. With scholarship assistance in the form of half scholarships ($1.50 per lesson), private lessons can be more affordable to those with financial need. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
In order to qualify for scholarship assistance, students and parents must fill out an application form and submit it. Scholarship awards will be based on a valid financial need and the following criteria:
- Attendance to sectionals/events
- Receive an “S” (satisfactory) or higher for band citizenship
- Practice report grades/Assignment sheet pass-offs
- Academic Eligibility/Band Grades
- Availability of funds
Please submit your application on or before August 23.